Sunday 4 March 2012

Changes

Since last summer I had quite light blonde hair. My natural hair colour is dark blonde but I went through a phase of being really obsessed with getting lighter hair! I finally did it last summer and I loved it! I got a full head of highlights which appeared to cause relatively little to no damage at all to my past the shoulders long hair, but I bet this was almost mostly due to the fact that my hair is so thick and in such great condition anyway. It also helps that I got it done by a really talented and lovely hairdresser over at GBH hair design .

The good thing about highlights also is that if you have a light coloured natural hair regrowth anyway, the regrowth once the highlights start to grow out is pretty natural looking and all blends in. This means that I didn't have to recolour my hair for almost half a year! Isn't that crazy?

I recently got some more highlights around a month ago to top up and brighten things up, but I felt as if this didn't go as well. The hairdresser was obviously a lot less talented than the previous one and I feel like I was over processed a little, because my hair felt very coarse and sticky for days afterwards and I also found it was a bit too bright than I wanted.

So while having blonde hair has been great I've been feeling for a while now like stepping up to something a little darker again. I'm not talking any chocolate browns or blacks, but rather just a natural looking dark blonde/light brown that is based more around my natural colour. I'm going to the hairdresser next week and I've got the following pictures along as inspiration. And yep, it's just a pure coincidence that all of these girls are 'big nosed girls' like myself ;)

Actress and singer, Charlotte Gainsbourg. I like her almost there but not that in your face kind of bangs/fringe, and her hair colour.

Norwegian Idol star , Linnea Dale. I like the length of her hair and her parting on the side. Also that she has such a natural look but looks so cute!



Film maker, Sofia Coppola. Love the hair colour! It's really the light brown colour I'm looking for.
I'll make sure to blog about whatever change I make next week. You know...if I don't chicken out or anything  !

3 comments:

  1. Sofia Coppola's nose is clearly present, but those of Charlotte Gainsbourg and Linnea Dale aren't that bad, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not in the pictures I chose because I mostly chose the pictures for the type of hair they were having. If you look at some pictures of other angles I guess its slightly more obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and as a further note, I haven't managed to visit a hairdresser as I said last week because they were all booked up :D

    ReplyDelete