Friday 25 May 2012

Thinking Girl: Why I blog

I've decided to try out making it a feature to write a short article based on 50 blog article ideas from The Ultimate Blog Challenge. I thought that this would not only provide a nice break from the usual content found on this blog, but that it would also help to make more personal connections with my audience. Do let me know how you think this feature is going and whether you'd like to see it stay or go! 


Why I Blog....

It's no secret that I've tried and failed at several blogs in my life - and these mostly failed because I ran out of patience or enthusiasm to keep them running, something of which I'm trying really hard not to do with this blog. 

As a teenager I made my first website with one of those awful free template website which I ran with two friends. It was a complete mishmash of random pages filled with glittery blinking icons, colourful rainbow text and 'About me' pages. Needless to say the birth of this blog was very shortly followed by it's death, at around 15 years old when I grew up and realised it really didn't look that great to wear plaid pants that only made me itchy anyway and dye my hair a tomato red colour that did nothing for my complexion.

Since then I made one or two more blogs. The most recent before this one was a music based blog where I did an album review every week. Unfortunately my enthusiasm for this blog waned as I never received the audience I would have liked, even though I did receive a few nice words from the artists whose albums I did review.

I vowed after that never to make a blog again as it was 'pointless and time consuming'.

Friends and family who have friended me on Facebook will no doubt vouch for me when I say that I'm an avid crafter, maker and baker. I live for creativity and if I had a past life I definitely believe I would have been a barefoot daisy chain wearing, jewellery making, painting hippie who drove a lilac VW. Whenever I make something I usually document it (with a lot of photographs) on my personal Facebook page and this lead to a lot of my family and friends requesting (or rather ordering!) me to make a new blog.

So, here we are today at my new home and outlet for all the things I do in my life. It amazes me still that people actually find my life so interesting! And that's why I blog...because it makes me happy to share my love and passion for the things I do with all of you and know that you all take such a great interest in it as well and that I might perhaps be inspiring people to try new things!

What do you think about this new article feature? 
Would you like to see more posts about the travels I've been on?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I'm so happy your enjoying blogging again. I'm glad you are sticking to it as well. Keep creating the wonderful things you do, you never know where it could lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amara thank you so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete