Sunday 19 February 2012

Dear Charlotte Gainsbourg,

You are really just me, but in celebrity form.

""I wanted to re-do my nose as an adolescent but thank God my father said, 'Keep your personality, your personality is in your nose', so I didn't do it. Everything tends to show you that you shouldn't touch your face, but I don't know... it's difficult being an actress because the camera magnifies absolutely everything."
She tells me she is rigorous about skincare – she recently discovered Crème de la Mer and uses a touch of make-up daily to cover up spots, but overall, she's not very interested in beauty regimens. Her hair is a natural colour ("although I would dye it if it went grey, which is a bit like Botox in a way"), and she cuts her fringe herself. "I don't take the time to do massages or go to spas, for example, and my feet are terrible," she says.
And when she's off duty, Gainsbourg admits, she isn't too bothered about fashion, either. "I'm always wearing the same things: jeans and an old pair of boots. I like to find myself again after wearing the costumes of a film so it's going back to what I'm used to. I don't like making too much effort." For her musical performances and the red carpet, she is dressed by Ghesquière who, she says, helps her to be more adventurous with her choice of clothes.
Otherwise, she says, she is uninterested. "I'm not very classical," she admits, "it doesn't suit me. I'm not really part of the fashion world and I like keeping a distance."

(quote taken from an interview in The Independent)

I have been thinking of a Charlotteesque hairstyle and have been toying with the idea of going back to brunette coloured hair for ages now. What do you guys think?



2 comments: