Sunday 26 February 2012

Sunshine and beaches


This weekend has been pretty full and busy for my standards. If I'm not working on weekends I'm either usually not even in the country or I'm just hibernating at home resting and catching up with cooking or crafting.  This weekend however I've had a special visitor in the form of my boyfriend. He is definitely the kind of guy who likes to remain active throughout the day....a complete contrast to someone like me, who can quite happily spend the entire day doing absolutely nothing in particular and not moving from the same place!

Because the weather was supposed to be fairly sunny and not too cold we decided it would be a nice idea to visit an old quaint village in Kent called Rye. It's full of cute old buildings and cobbled streets, as well as unusual gift shops. It can be nice to spend an afternoon walking around exploring, especially if the weather is as good. 

The best part about Rye however is probably the fact that a short bus ride away or a short cycle ride away if you're lucky....(more about that in a minute) lies the beautiful sandy beach of Camber. You might not think a sandy beach is that special, but for someone who lives in England it definitely is, as we don't really get sandy beaches here but rather pebbly ones. Unfortunately by the time we got to the bike rental place it was closed already, but we plan to make up for that by renting some bikes today instead.


I could really have taken pictures at the beach all day long! 


Isn't it nice? And I think that the polaroid camera on my iPhone makes it look even better. 


And lastly, it's always nice to be given the opportunity to sit down at the beach and take in the world so easily as this :)


2 comments: